The evolution of the techniques applied to the building sector has led to the adoption of new demolition processes, which are less and less invasive and which allow to act on portions of structures in a safe and precise way. We speak, in this case, controlled demolition: an operation frequently used, to date, on structures of buildings or roads. These methods are now consolidated techniques and are preferred in many cases to the simple use of the demolition hammer.
The latter leads, as negative consequences, to the onset of percussion and vibrations harmful to the structures, but also excessive noise, dust, slowness of work, approximation of intervention and fatigue of the staff. Disadvantages that with the controlled demolition procedures, and the appropriate equipment, are reduced or eliminated completely.
The methods of controlled demolition
The controlled methodologies are defined in this way as they are perfectly gradable in their action. In addition to this they allow you to have advantages during their application, such as:
- absence of percussion and harmful vibrations;
- absence of dust and limited noise;
- greater speed and security;
- limited staff fatigue.
These controlled demolition processes intervene only on the affected areas without involving the parts not subject to the work, so as to preserve the latter from micro-cracks or damage of various kinds.
Due to its specific non-invasive and conservative characteristics, the controlled demolition technique is the ideal solution for jobs in private homes or condominiums.
Some of the processes that involve the use of this technique are as follows:
- demolitions inside inhabited buildings or where mechanical access is not possible;
- opening of doors or windows;
- realization of holes for the passage of plant engineering of any kind or for consolidation.
Equipment for controlled demolition
For the execution of controlled demolition interventions various types of equipment are used:
- hydraulic pincers: ideal instrumentation for operations in total absence of noise, dust, vibrations and when it is necessary to intervene on brick or reinforced concrete;
- diamond cutting: ideal solution for the opening of compartments, windows, doors, stairs, plant passages in the absence of vibrations and dust;
- core drilling: allow the execution of through holes to open gaps in mixed masonry or concrete without damaging the remaining part of the structures;
- cut diamond disc floors: ideal for cutting reinforced concrete or asphalt pavements and reach a depth of up to 20 cm;
- excavators: fast vehicles that allow to perform demolition operations in medium-sized spaces, allowing fast and prolonged operations even for a long time.
Other demolition processes
When we speak instead of building demolitions in general, we mean the gradual demolition of buildings or other structures. For small buildings such as houses, the process is quite simple and is done by mechanical means such as cranes, excavators and bulldozers.
For larger buildings, such as buildings, more elaborate techniques such as implosions are used.
Do you want to know how much a controlled demolition of industrial buildings or a house costs?
Contact Zaimi Impresa for further information: the company applies cheap and competitive rates, operating in the cities of Cesena and Ravenna.